Gandalf is a clever cat, but sometimes he is too clever for his own good. There is a feral cat that comes calling – literally. He also leaves his smelly mark in The Sandbag House kitchen because he uses the cat flap. It’s bi-directional so at night it is now set so that the princess and the wizard can go out. It does mean that although Mr Ginger Feral can’t get in, nor can they.
Not Gandalf the Grey cat. He has learned how to open it outwards and come in.
Princess Pearli, on the other hand, rarely deigns to use the flap – especially if her humans are in the vicinity – prefers to climb the ramparts and come in the window.
Then, in the deep dark of a night, The Cat’s Mother hears the cat flap. Ah! Gandalf is home. Odd: he doesn’t thunder up the stairs. Suddenly, there is a-thumping and a-crashing.
The Cat’s Mother hares down the stairs to discover that the clever cat forgot, when he came through the flap, to bring in his tail.
Although The Cat’s Mother is not very awake, she quickly realises that opening the flap to release the the tail is impossible, and that opening the adjacent door will distress the poor creature even more. Only one course of action –
The tail is out.
There was much tail-flapping and agitation until Gandalf wedged himself unhappily between his humans. As for the scratch on his nose: he wasn’t telling….
Let’s just say, that all’s well that ended well, but he has not learned his lesson, but has adjusted his technique so that his entry is now as grand as his name!
Until next time
The Sandbag House
McGregor, South Africa
Featured photo and The Sandbag House: Selma
In addition to WordPress I blog on a number of platforms:
- Steemit – a crypto, social network and blogging platform, to which I post from WordPress using the SteemPress plugin.
- If you’d also like to use your WordPress blog to earn crypto, join us on SteemPress.
- My WordPress site is hosted by fellow Steemian, @gmuxx, with fees paid in crypto currency: Steem Based Dollars. If you want more information, join the Steemblogs Club on Discord
- Narrative, a crypto blogging platform
- Instagram is a mostly visual platform where I post microblogs about fluff: usually food and the cats; posts that sometimes
promisehint about future WordPress posts.
On the Steem platform, I am part of these communities